Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Catch-up

It's so exciting to be into my second week of my journey. A definite lag in logging my food intake and exercise regimen on here in the last week. It's actually exactly one week ago that I posted and I feel it's sort of perfect. I'll abbreviate or make a short story of this past week and all the highs and lows.
I'll start with Friday and my downfall THAT night. Friday night while cooking dinner I consumed 4 shots of whiskey (Laughing with tears face) YES this was after my lovely Xtend and stretch class @ Barre by the Sea. What I ate was not terrible which is the brighter side. I had a nice small portion of whole grain pasta noodles with 1/2 cup red tomato pasta sauce. Along with steamed veggies. 
The disappointment lies in the fact that alcohol isn't just like poison to your body and your gut, but it also slows the metabolism tremendously! That is working against myself because all week I spent time trying to BOOST my metabolism. Hard weeks SUCK ASS sometimes which drives me to wanting to unwind with alcohol. How was I to combat this later on in the week? Every time I thought I wanted alcohol to "unwind" I made a hot cup of chamomile tea with lemon instead. It really does relax you. ALSO it speeds up the metabolism, naturally! 
Saturday I did NOT go to barre in the morning, I went to work instead. A must. Saturday's eating looked like this:

Breakfast: Green juice 
Lunch: Veggie humus wrap (traderjoes)
Snack: Turkey corn dog (not the best choice)
Dinner: Homemade turkey tacos with organic re fried beans YUM

Beverages throughout the day included water, tea & one Modelo beer with dinner

Sunday was awesome! I got back to barre for the 9:45 AM class. It was fantastic. I had half of a Lara bar prior to working out. Only half of one of those babies get me through my ENTIRE workout of 55 min. Less is MORE. I ate the other half on my drive home. 

Lunch: Lettuce wrapped vegetarian boca paddy w/ red onion, cucumber tiny bit of ketchup/mustard for flavor. Along with half an apple. 

Dinner Left over tacos, followed by two completely intentional shots of vodka HA!





No comments:

Post a Comment